Harsch Investment Properties made its first Bay Area purchase in 1955 with a $20 million renovation of the Claremont Hotel in Berkeley, restoring it to its original grandeur. Seven years later, Harsch purchased a commercial investment property, 450 Sutter Building, a 26-story Mayan Art Deco medical/dental office building near San Francisco’s Union Square, designed by world-famous architect Timothy Pflueger.
Harsch then expanded its presence in to the East Bay, purchasing Stoneridge Business Center in 1988. Stoneridge is a beautiful mixed-use facility located within Hacienda Business Park in Pleasanton. Since then, Harsch has purchased six more East Bay properties, diversifying their purchases to include class A office, class B office, industrial and flexible office space.
The East Bay portfolio consists of over 1.2 million square feet of space in Union City, San Leandro, Livermore and Pleasanton. The diversity of Harsch’s East Bay properties allows tenants a range of options to satisfy their specific real estate needs.
Harsch’s East Bay executive offices are located in Hacienda West, a 208,000 square-foot full service office property in Pleasanton, with easy access to Interstate-580 and Interstate-680.